What is the Dufftown & District microgrant scheme?
The Dufftown & District microgrant scheme provides DDCA with a recurring award from the main Dorenell Community Benefit Fund, for distribution in the form of microgrants.
Microgrants are awards of up to £500 to individuals and up to £1,000 to groups for ‘charitable purposes to the general benefit of local residents, including individuals and nonconstituted groups’ in line with the aims or purposes of the main Community Benefit Fund.
How does the microgrant scheme benefit our community?
Operating a microgrants scheme provides an opportunity for the Dorenell Community Benefit Fund to have impact on a wide number of people. For example, by supporting:
- Those not involved with or benefiting from activity run by formal, constituted groups; communities often contain small un-constituted groups who nonetheless provide valuable services or activities (for example, lunch clubs or friendship groups) but who are ineligible to apply to the main Fund.
- Individuals undertaking specialist training, e.g. music or athletics, fostering local talent.
- Individuals or small groups with an idea they wish to ‘test’ or try out.
- Participation (including travel) of community members to represent their community at regional or national events or in activities not available in the local community.
The following may apply for a microgrant:
- Informal, non-constituted groups.
- Constituted groups.
Download the Dufftown & District microgrant application form below and return it to the contact details on the form.
DDCA Microgrants 2020-2022
Between April 2020 and November 2022, £10,156.15 was awarded through the Dufftown & District microgrant fund. To learn more about the impact of the fund to-date, please read the fund report below.
DDCA Microgrants 2023
In 2023, the following microgrants have been awarded:
- Royal British Legion Dufftown – £800 towards Coronation Celebration
- Dufftown Speirins – £603 towards new IT equipment
- Speyside Highland Dancers – £1000 towards competition medals and trophies
- Sansum Martial Arts – £883 towards sports equipment