Are you passionate about making a difference in our community? Want to support the work that DDCA does? We are looking for new Trustees to join our Board!
The DDCA is a Scottish Charity, comprising of members and trustees. The charity was founded in 1995 and has grown to encompass a variety of responsibilities within the area. We seek to advance community development, improve recreational facilities, and relieve poverty in Dufftown & District.
The Board of Trustees is key to the continued functioning of the charity. Without trustees, we cannot operate. We usually meet monthly to discuss our various projects and activities. Since the pandemic, we have become more flexible and often have hybrid meetings so that trustees can join either online or in-person depending on individual needs and preferences.
In return for volunteering as a trustee with us, we offer the opportunity to give something back to the community, personal growth, and having a role in shaping our many exciting projects.
Criteria for a Trustee of DDCA:
- You Live, Work or are passionate about Dufftown and District.
- You are willing to accept other people’s views and ideas, consider them and constructively debate your point of view.
- You are willing to donate your time to the DDCA while having the commitment to complete actions.
- You bring energy and ideas to the DDCA and in return the DDCA provides opportunities for personal growth, development and the satisfaction of professional execution of our strategic plans.
- Desirable skills: Leadership, Influencing, HR skills, IT/Systems, PR/Communications, Knowledge of Charity governance, Strategy Development, Project Management, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion.
Responsibilities of a DDCA trustee:
- Read and follow the DDCA constitution
- Adequately prepare for trustee meetings and regularly attend (Once per month normally).
- Monitor the financial position of the charity and ensure corrective action is taken were appropriate
- Participate in appropriate governance of other risks including following OSCR guidance on safeguarding, prevention of fraud and inclusion leadership.
- Actively participate in DDCA subgroups and monitor the progress of projects.
- Declare any conflict of interest
- Be a role model and ambassador for the DDCA
Does this sound like you? Get in touch today!
Want some more information? Read our recruitment pack.